Environment & Natural Resources
These programmes are designed to provide an understanding of environmental assessment tools and techniques, that are used in supporting environmental decision-making processes and putting in place effective environmental management systems, necessary in environmental planning for the effective prevention of future environmental degradation.
Thus allowing delegates to again an in-depth understanding of key management protocols, which they will be able to use in order to relate to global and local issues, and therefore equipping them with the necessary skills to identify, anticipate and manage environmental problems for prevention at the planning level and how to enforce, and get compliance to the existing legal and regulatory frameworks, at the level of enforcement and compliance.
Our Environmental Executive Capacity Building Programmes cover the Following Topics:
Policy & Institutional Reforms
- Environmental and Natural Resources Policy Planning and Development
- Environmental Law and Regulation
- Establishing a National Environmental Regulatory Authority
- Understanding and addressing the implications of Climate Change
- The Clean Development Mechanism (CDM)
- Environmental Economics and pricing of Environmental Services
Management and Operations
- Managing and Operating a National Environmental Regulatory Authority
- Environmental Protection Capabilities Development
- Environmental Management Systems
- Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC)
- Environmental Quality Modelling
- Practical Environmental Management for effective protection, Enforcement and Compliance
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Degradation Mitigation Strategies
Financing and Investment
- Financing and Investment Ethics: Addressing Environmental Protection.
- The role of The Private Sector (PPP / PSP) in sustainable economic development
- Environnemental Due Diligence
- Environmental Audits of PPP Contracts